Our thoughts go to the communities where COVID-19 has taken lives and is stressing caregivers and resources. Please keep them in your prayers.
Together, we can all help limit transmission of the COVID-19 virus — and help protect the vulnerable and elderly people around us.
As of March 13, 2020, the Dominican Sisters~Grand Rapids have made the difficult decision to close Marywood Campus is to all visitors.
Our number one priority is the health and safety of all who live, work and visit Marywood Campus. Due to the serious and escalating nature of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, and because our Sister residents are among the population listed as vulnerable by the Center of Disease Control (CDC), we are taking the the following steps to protect our sisters, staff and those who would visit. These steps are also being taken to help curb the spread of the virus as recommended by the CDC:
- Choir, Musicians, Prayer, Taize, Lectio, Centering Prayer, Meditation Chapel, all personal prayer practices at Marywood
- Friends and Family of Sisters
- Sunday Assembly is cancelled until further notice
- Our Chapels are closed to outside visitors
Guests of Dominican Center at Marywood
Please see below for details about Dominican Center at Marywood conferences and retreats, contemplative learning programs, Bookstore, Art Gallery and other sacred spaces that share environments with the Motherhouse of the Dominican Sisters~Grand Rapids.
As of March 12, in an effort to mitigate the risks of spreading COVID-19, we are taking the following actions:
- Conference Center Event Reservations. Organizations that have booked with Dominican Center will be contacted directly to discuss event postponement and rescheduling details.
- All Dominican Center programs for March and April will be postponed. These programs may be rescheduled at another time. If you are registered for a program, you will receive an email directly from Dominican Center regarding your registrations.
- All Spiritual Direction appointments at Dominican Center are suspended. Please contact your spiritual director directly regarding alternative ways to receive spiritual direction. Dominican Center is communicating with Spiritual Directors to encourage them to find alternative ways to meet with their directees.
- All day and overnight retreat rooms are closed. Dominican Center will contact people with reservations. Future personal day and retreat bookings will be suspended until further notice.
- The Dominican Center Bookstore and Art Gallery are closed until further notice.