Since 1992, the Dominican Sisters~Grand Rapids have been engaged in care of earth initiatives in support of our Relationship with the Earth Direction Statement:
We commit ourselves to foster the contemplative stance that all the earth is sacred and interconnected; respect and accountability for the earth are necessary to the survival of life. We affirm that actions which impact the environment will be preceded by the question: Is this action which I (we) are performing supportive of the environment?
As we continue to contemplate Care of Earth as a Congregation we encourage our community of friends to read Laudato Si’ Care of Our Common Home, written by Pope Francis and released for the world in 2015.
- Read or Download Canticle of Brother Sun, the writings that inspired the title of “Laudato Si’, mi’ Signore”, which translated means Praise be to you, my Lord.”
- Laudato Si’ (PDF document) is easily read on a tablet or computer screen. It is well over 100 pages; please consider carefully before you print.
- Laudato Si’ Discussion Guide
- Purchase your personal copy of Laudato Si’ in the Bookstore at Dominican Center.
- Catechists: Do you need Laudato Si’ classroom resources? Click here for book recommendations, lesson plans and more, for all age groups.
Read more about our Congregation’s Care of Earth commitment and initiatives.