Dominicans Sisters Grand Rapids (DSGR) have had the distinct privilege of serving in a wide variety of ministries. Each Sister brings her unique God-given gifts and talents to her ministry. At DSGR we believe in diversity and inclusion for the people we serve and employ. We invite you to explore a career as a Social Worker in our enriching and unique culture that will make a difference in your life and the lives of our Sisters. Together, you and our Sisters will continue the great legacy started many years ago that will leave the gifts of service and justice for future generations. Please apply today if you have a heart for the things described and wish to share your talents with us. We look forward to hearing from you soon!
Facilitate the well-being of Sisters at various stages of transition considering the psychosocial and cultural challenges. Collaborate with the Quality of Life Team to provide education and support for Sisters in their residential community setting.
Duties & Responsibilities
1. Provide professional social work expertise to sisters and groups of sisters with goal setting, decision making or counseling processes.
2. Collaborate with others in assessment and implementation of wellness presentations and events with appropriate follow-up.
3. Provide opportunities for individuals and groups to surface questions or issues of concern and make suggestions to address them.
4. Facilitate team discussion which allows for alternative choices, problem solving, and healthy interaction.
5. Keep and maintain appropriate charts and files honoring the right and confidentiality of individuals.
6. Recommend pertinent topics and secure speakers or other educational materials for sisters and team members to increase understanding and behaviors.
7. Plan, survey and implement Sister transitions with others. Residents, team members and staff.
8. Maintain effective and ongoing communication with Sisters, team and staff utilizing phone, e-mail, conversation, and meetings.
9. Assures that a sister’s rights are honored, including the right to refuse assistance. Hold continued conversations to meet the concern of the individual or living group.
10. Other duties as assigned.
Interested applicants should complete an application in person or submit a resume and cover letter with availability to:
Dominican Sisters – Grand Rapids
2025 E. Fulton Street
Grand Rapids, MI 49503-3895
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage persons of diverse faiths and backgrounds to apply for employment with Dominican Sisters ~ Grand Rapids.
Clinical / Health & Wellness