The Dominican Sisters – Grand Rapids are seeking a full-time Maintenance Specialist to maintain facilities, equipment, and systems in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with current applicable Federal, State, and local standards, guidelines, regulations, policies, and procedures. You will ensure that services to residents are maintained at the highest possible level and that a successful maintenance program is in effect at all times
- Handling problems in the maintenance of all major building systems.
- Maintains boilers and associated heat exchange systems.
- Maintains all heating, ventilating, and refrigeration systems.
- Maintains plumbing systems.
- Maintains pneumatic and electronic controls.
- Installs and maintains electrical lines.
- Assists in repair and painting of walls.
- Reads and interprets blueprints and similar technical drawings.
- Completes preventative maintenance on systems and equipment.
- Demonstrates a positive, courteous, and helpful attitude towards clients, sisters, guests, visitors, and co-workers.
- Maintains confidentiality.
- Must possess a high school education or its equivalent.
- Certification in at least two specific trades required.
- A minimum of 2-5 years in a maintenance-related position preferred.
- Must be knowledgeable in the technical aspects of various mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems.
- Requires independent thinking and judgment.
- Must be able to work without direct supervision.
- Willing to work as a team and learn new tasks and methods.
- Good communication, customer service skills, and flexible attitude.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
Interested applicants should complete an application in person or submit a resume and cover letter with availability to:
Dominican Sisters – Grand Rapids
2025 E. Fulton Street
Grand Rapids, MI 49503-3895
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage persons of diverse faiths and backgrounds to apply for employment with Dominican Sisters ~ Grand Rapids.