We are seeking a full-time LPN at Aquinata Hall. Aquinata Hall is a ministry of the Dominican Sisters~Grand Rapids. The hours are Monday-Friday 2:30 pm to 11:00 pm with some other on-call shifts, as needed.
The primary purpose of the position is to provide nursing services to the residents as well as guide and support resident assistants with clinical services they provide to the residents.
- Conducts assessments as necessary to monitor health status, to determine health needs of each resident are met
- Follows appropriate protocols with the provision of nursing services as well as emergency response
- Provides to and receives communication from the physician, pharmacy and other health related service providers to ensure the health needs are effectively coordinated
- Ensures laboratory services are ordered and results are reviewed in a timely manner
- Informs Resident Assistants of any changes in condition and/or other health related information
- Instructs Resident Assistants as appropriate to perform specific treatments or other health care services
- Assists Resident Assistants as requested to ensure timely and quality care and service
- Conducts quality checks and monitors the medication assistance program, reporting med errors; trains and re-trains, as needed, Resident Assistants with medication assistance
- Assists in the development of service plans
- Reports needed maintenance repairs and other environmental concerns
- Orients new employees as requested
- Must possess, as a minimum, a Nursing Degree from an accredited college or university, or be a graduate of an approved LPN program.
- Must possess geriatric experience.
- Must possess an up-to-date CPR certification.
- Must possess computer experience.
- Must possess excellent communication skills.
- Must possess knowledge of the appropriate skills for communicating with individuals of all ages, especially the geriatric population.
Please send resumes to email@example.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage persons of diverse faiths and backgrounds to apply for employment with Dominican Sisters~Grand Rapids