The Dominican Sisters~Grand Rapids are looking for an individual to fill a full-time Executive Assistant to provide administrative and clerical support, prioritize workflow to promote productivity and enhance quality of service, and assist the Prioress and Council in maintaining efficient administrative operations.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Perform general office administration tasks for Prioress and Council including but not limited to filing, copying, faxing, phone and email messaging, mail sorting, word processing and correspondence.
- Maintain Prioress and Council Outlook calendars including recurring meetings.
- Assist with planning and scheduling of meetings, including coordinating or setting up beverage service, room arrangements, providing driving directions, distributing documents, taking/typing/circulating minutes, typing others’ minutes.
- Attend meetings and take/transcribe minutes as assigned.
- Coordinate travel arrangements, including flight and airfare research and making travel requests to travel agent as needed.
- Initiate and process check requests, including cover letters and registration forms, if needed.
- Maintain calendar of charitable events, including event details; seek/log event participants and follow up with charitable organizations.
- Write/edit/proofread/finalize/mail executive correspondence and letters for Prioress and Council and create/maintain related name/address records if needed. Use mail merge as appropriate.
- Assist Sisters in provision of printed materials, answers to questions, access to Prioress and Council and other tasks as needed.
- Assist with content and timing of internal communications.
- Develop and maintain files, including official corporate civil and canonical records.
- Provide administrative support for annual and occasional projects as assigned, i.e., research and provide support to include processing legal forms needed for completion of legal guardianships and name changes; initiate and coordinate monthly and yearly updates to Congregational Directory; and file maintenance of Access database and accompanying monthly and annual reports.
- Conduct internet research as assigned.
- Backup support for East Wing Office Manager.
- Excellent project management and analytical skills, with strong attention to detail and problem solving.
- Proactive and able to anticipate needs.
- Highly organized and efficient.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Ability to work with a diverse population including people who are elderly.
- Ability to represent the Congregation with high degree of professionalism in internal and external communications.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Able to handle confidential and sensitive matters with the greatest discretion.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Access and EventProplus general office technology.
- College degree or equivalent experience.
- 5 to 10+ years of a proven track record and competency working as a high-level administrative professional.
Submit cover letter, resume and salary requirements to:
Dominican Sisters – Grand Rapids
2025 E. Fulton Street
Grand Rapids, MI 49503-3895
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage persons of diverse faiths and backgrounds to apply for employment with Dominican Sisters~Grand Rapids