The Dominican Sisters – Grand Rapids is seeking a full-time Environmental Services Aide. This position performs routine, repetitive tasks on a continuous basis as part of total cleaning of resident, offices, and common areas of the Marywood complex and its related properties. In accordance with standard procedures of Environmental Services, uses manual and mechanical cleaning equipment. Hours are Tuesday to Friday 1:00 – 9:30 pm and Saturdays 8:00 am – 4:30 pm.
- Performs routine cleaning functions in assigned area following established work schedules and using prescribed methods.
- Assists in cleaning of emergency spills observed or upon request.
- Maintains assigned equipment for cleanliness; arranges for repairs when needed.
- Observes and reports the needed repairs of furniture and building fixtures.
- Assists in conference set-ups when assigned.
- When assigned, collects, sorts, launders, folds and distributes laundry and linens.
- Maintains supply distribution and arranges for ordering through supervisor as assigned.
- Performs special assignments when warranted, i.e., light bulb changing, light floor care, rearranging furniture.
- Demonstrates a positive, courteous and helpful attitude towards Sisters, visitors and co-workers within and outside the department.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- One year of institutional or similar cleaning experience preferred.
- Basic knowledge of housekeeping equipment, standards and practices
- Able to read and write in English.
- Good communication and customer service skills, flexible attitude.
- Ability to work without direct supervision, accept supervision and perform specific procedures.
- Must be willing to work as a team and learn new tasks and methods.
- Requires the ability to be understood and to understand a wide range of internal and external communications, including, but not limited to, Sister residents, co-workers, conference clients and sales representatives.
- Demonstrates care and respect in relationship toward others.
- Willingness to learn new tasks and methods.
Submit cover letter, resume and salary requirements to:
Dominican Sisters – Grand Rapids
2025 E. Fulton Street
Grand Rapids, MI 49503-3895
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage persons of diverse faiths and backgrounds to apply for employment with Dominican Sisters ~ Grand Rapids