The Dominican Sisters~Grand Rapids is seeking a part-time Dining Room Server. Duties include cleaning, stocking, minor food prep, monitoring buffet line and serving.
- Set up tables or other dining areas with attention to cleanliness and order.
- Light prep of meals under the supervision of dietary manager or supervisor.
- Take down dining areas and collect plates, glasses, etc.
- Clean food stations and wash dishes, cooking vessels and silverware.
- Taking daily stock and keeping food areas stocked at all times.
- Knowledge of sanitation and food safety guidelines is a plus.
- Skilled in preparing meals according to instructions.
- Previous experience in catering, or restaurant serving setting is a plus.
- Friendly with good communication skills.
- Must be compassionate and patient when working with elderly residents, as well as residents’ family members.
- High school diploma or equivalent; certification in food service is a plus.
- At least one year of experience working in institutional food service.
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds.
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Submit cover letter, resume and salary requirements to:
Dominican Sisters~Grand Rapids
2025 E. Fulton Street
Grand Rapids, MI 49503-3895
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage persons of diverse faiths and backgrounds to apply for employment with Dominican Sisters~Grand Rapids