Aquinata Hall is a ministry of the Dominican Sisters~Grand Rapids. We offer holistic, restorative healing, healthcare, and residential services for seniors. Aquinata Hall is a Home for the Aged that is home to Sisters and lay residents where they enjoy the benefits of communal living, nurse, and medication support. Accommodations are top-notch with private rooms in a natural, serene campus.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Transports and sets-up all food following established routine and time guidelines.
- Prepares all resident trays, using guidelines established for portion size, placement of items on tray, and designated time frames for production.
- Prepares items needed for tray and dining room meal service, gathering food and beverage items and all hot and cold beverages, condiments, menu items for special diets, etc.
- Cleans and resets dining rooms and meal service area, tray line and buffet lines are cleaned and re-stocked with items needed for the next meal service, or general stock.
- Sets-up monitors, and disassembles buffet lines during established meal service times, ensuring that the meal is served at designated time and food/beverage line remains replenished and clean during serving time.
- Proper storage, labeling and use of leftover foods and leftovers are kept to a minimum and effectively utilized for other meals, following established guidelines.
- Cleans and sanitizes work areas using appropriate methods and supplies. Requires completion of weekly cleaning schedules as assigned by supervisor.
- Ensures glassware, silverware, pots and pans are properly cleaned, sanitized, air dried and returned to correct storage locations and dish machine area is cleaned and wiped down after use, and proper cleaning and storage of pots and pans and all dishware following meals.
- Delivers carts in a timely manner following established procedures, ensuring that tray carts are delivered to floors as necessary.
- Disposes of trash from kitchens and dining areas on a regular basis, and empties trash in kitchen and dining areas as needed.
- Completes and signs nightly checklist before leaving, ensuring that equipment is turned off and doors secured in the evening.
- High School degree or general education equivalent preferred.
- Requires the ability to read and write.
- Food service experience preferred.
- Knowledge of basic or commonly used institutional food service procedures and operations.
- Must use judgment in locating and selecting most appropriate guidelines and procedures.
- Requires some initiative, independence and judgment to carry out recurring assignments.
- Facilitates teamwork through the acceptance and expression of constructive comments.
- Must show care in working with equipment and supplies.
- Must treat co-workers with respect and foster the “Team Approach” to accomplish tasks.
- Regular, predictable attendance is required. Weekends and holidays required.
- Some physical exertion including recurrent walking, bending, twisting, pushing/pulling lifting up to 50lbs., long periods of standing and bending.
- Must be able to tolerate extreme heat and cold.
- Moderate risks or discomforts which require special safety precautions such as personal protective equipment.
- Works in humid environment and must be able to tolerate working with cleaning chemicals.
- Operates basic kitchen equipment and tools such as, but not limited to, knives, microwave oven, range, mixer, buffalo chopper, ovens and toaster.
To keep staff and residents safe, we monitor temperatures and conduct health screenings. Also, heightened cleaning protocol is in place along with the use of masks and any necessary PPE.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage persons of diverse faiths and backgrounds to apply for employment with Dominican Sisters~Grand Rapids