The Dominican Sisters – Grand Rapids are seeking a full-time Dietary Manager. This position oversees production of meals to residents and visits and confers with residence and nursing staff to ensure maximum nutritional benefit. Responsibilities include:
- Maintains and updates all food service records.
- Maintains a hospitable, all-inclusive environment for residents and staff.
- Hires and trains staff.
- Assumes dietary aide responsibilities in the event of a call-in.
- Meets with Director of Care on a regular basis to discuss resident needs.
- Takes stock and orders supplies.
- Stocks kitchenettes for residents.
- Creates staff schedules and supervises dietary aides.
- Records and reports leftovers to kitchen manager.
- Prepares special diet meals and room trays for residents.
- Assists with meal service.
- Manages food safety per local and State health codes.
- May occasionally work beyond normal hours when necessary to meet department needs.
- Must possess a high school education or its equivalent.
- A BA or BS in Food Science or HRI preferred.
- Experience: 2-5 Years
- Experience with Outlook, Word, Excel, and GFS Plus.
- Must be willing to be certified in food service safety/sanitation.
- Required to lift in excess of 50 lbs.
- Must be able to maintain high levels of discretion.
- Must have personal integrity and the ability to function independently.
- Must be a warm, caring individual who will meet the needs of the Congregation in a manner consistent with their philosophy of providing a home-like environment for residents, guests, and staff.
Submit cover letter, resume and salary requirements to:
Dominican Sisters – Grand Rapids
2025 E. Fulton Street
Grand Rapids, MI 49503-3895
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage persons of diverse faiths and backgrounds to apply for employment with Dominican Sisters ~ Grand Rapids