EOE STATEMENT — We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Title: Nurse Manager
Day and Night Shifts / Full and part time positions available
Hours: 7pm to 7am 6 days per pay period/12-hour shifts/2-week rotating schedule every other weekend. Or 11pm to 7am, full or part-time, every other weekend.
Location: Marywood Campus
Number of openings: 2
The primary purpose of your position is to plan, organize, develop and direct the day-to-day operation of your Health Center Unit in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations that govern our community, and as may be directed by the Director of Nursing, Medical Director, and/or the Director of Health and Rehabilitation Services to ensure that the highest degree of quality care is maintained at all times.
Primary responsibility is for resident care management of the health and rehabilitation center.
• Plans, develops, organizes, implements, evaluates and directs the day-to-day functions of your unit.
• Assists Director of Nursing (DON) in managing overall clinical operations of the skilled nursing facility (SNF).
• Directly supervises CNA, may assist in performance evaluations, competency evaluations, training, coaching and counseling and the morale of the unit.
• Training of staff needed for unit when needed.
• Provide input and assistance in scheduling staff according to the needs of the Health Center.
• Acts as primary contact for Medical Staff regarding clinical issues.
• Reviews incidents including investigations with staff and residents and assist with allegations, abuse and reporting.
• Ensures regulatory standards are being met for all clinical areas.
• Ensures compliance laws and regulations applicable to position and act in accordance with corporate compliance program.
• Follows all federal, state and company reporting requirements.
• Assists with cultural development.
To be successful, it is vitally important to develop strong working relationships with the staff we have serving our residents and patients. This is a leadership role and as such, it is will be important to act as a brand ambassador within the department and community at large.
Benefits: Can vary based on options selected, but include:
• Competitive wage
• 403b with employer match
• Company sponsored HRA
• Must possess, as a minimum, an RN or LPN License from an accredited college or university
• Long-term care experience a plus however not mandatory, strong clinical skills.
• Must possess computer experience
• Must possess excellent communication skills
• Must possess knowledge of the appropriate skills for communicating with individuals of all ages, especially the geriatric population
• Work history that supports ability to hire, direct and manage associates
• Able to adapt to change, delays, or unexpected events in the work environment
• Manage competing priorities
• Build commitment and overcome resistance as needed
• Exhibit confidence in self and others and create a work environment that inspires success
• Preferred Qualifications: Prior leadership experience is strongly preferred.
Clinical / Health & Wellness