Beautician (Part-Time) $17.90/hour
The Dominican Sisters ~ Grand Rapids is seeking a part-time Beautician to provide services for the Sisters including shampoos, haircuts, perms, roller sets, and blow dry with curling iron sets.
Flexible hours. We supply inventory and equipment. No chair rent.
- Provides shampoos, haircuts, perms, roller sets, and blow dry with curling iron sets to a professional and competent standard according to the expectations of the Sister.
- Schedules hair appointments with Sisters and provides adequate notice if appointments need to be re-scheduled.
- Manages beauty shop supplies, placing order with Administrative Assistant to keep shop stocked. Re-stocks and arranges supplies in beauty shop to create a clean and organized space.
- Maintains clean, safe, and sanitized work areas including wiping down chairs, countertops, and hard surfaces to prevent buildup of hair and grime and sweeping floor.
- Washes towels in machines in the salon.
- Submits completed schedule to accounting for invoicing.
- Demonstrates the ability to be understood and to understand a wide range of internal and external contacts including, but not limited to, Sister residents and co-workers.
- Shows care in working with equipment and supplies.
- Regular, predictable attendance is required.
- Valid Michigan cosmetology license.
- At least one year of experience required.
- Experience working with senior hair preferred.
- Basic knowledge of cleaning and sanitizing.
- Prolonged periods standing. Must be able to bend and stoop as needed.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 15 pounds at times.
- Must be able to work with and hold beautician equipment, including scissors, dryers, and brushes.
- Potential for irritation from chemicals
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage persons of diverse faiths and backgrounds to apply for employment with Dominican Sisters ~ Grand Rapids