Accounting Assistant/AP (Full-Time)
We are seeking a Full-Time Accounting Assistant/AP to assist Sisters with house accounts and reporting; reconcile and clear up issues on credit cards; assist with journal entries and reports; and maintain fixed assets and construction in process postings and reporting.
- Sets up vendor master data, collects W-9 information.
- Assists manager with sales tax exemptions and lookup issues.
- Investigates vendor invoice or statement issues.
- Ensures accurate vendor invoice coding, matching and AP voucher entry.
- Processes checks, matches, and files appropriate backup documents.
- Prepares vendor 1099’s annually.
- Responds to information requests from vendors and staff.
- Assists with verification of Sisters’ house accounts spreadsheets, reconciles to bank statements, calculates year end take backs, populates, updates and posts corresponding journal entries to general ledger.
- Prints balance sheet, income statement and various other reports.
- In conjunction with Accounting Office Manager, funds Sister House Accounts weekly and monthly.
- Assists with Sister budgets.
- Monitors and reconciles staff credit card program.
- Maintains Fixed asset Construction in Process information, runs depreciation and reconciles balances spreadsheet and reporting.
- Assists preparing data for Sister calendar year end support letters.
- Prepares checks and financial statements for Servants of Jesus.
- Maintains confidentiality.
- Accurately meets deadlines.
- Serves as liaison for the Accounting Department in the provision of financial information and resolution of problems with other departments.
- Greets Accounting Office visitors.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred or equivalent experience and knowledge.
- Minimum four years of experience in accounting, finance, or related field.
- Familiarity with accounting software (Sage Intacct preferred).
- Must have excellent Excel and Office 365 skills.
- Experience with online banking, accounts payable and general accounting.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Highly effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Keen analytic and problem-solving skills.
- Non-profit experience a plus.
- Knowledge of Religious Organization policies/procedures or the ability & willingness to learn.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage persons of diverse faiths and backgrounds to apply for employment with Dominican Sisters ~ Grand Rapids